Recruitment & Current Vacancies
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas, owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
Junior Support Engineer
Salary: £18,500 - £21,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits
Hodge Bank is a private bank based right in the heart of Cardiff. We take great pride in doing the right thing for our customers and our team members. We have just embarked on an exciting program of work, providing fantastic digital services which will allow to better meet the needs of our existing customers, plus ensure we continue to do the right thing, via the right channel, for our future customers.
To support this growth, we are looking for individuals with drive, enthusiasm and the right knowledge to come and join our Information Services team in the following roles.
As a junior Support Engineer, you will act as the initial point of contact for all service requests, resolving first line support requests and contributing to the wider development of the Information Systems function and wider business.
Reporting directly to the Service Delivery Manager, your day to day duties will include:
- Undertaking allocated Service Desk calls and jobs; identifying, evaluating and managing jobs in order to resolve to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Assisting with the servicing, maintenance and installation of Group IT equipment as scheduled or as requested.
- Undertaking routine and ad-hoc jobs, checks and processing for all Group IT systems.
- Analysing incident data from Service Desk statistics and identifying actions to improve IT service delivery and efficiency.
- Helping to develop and deliver training sessions in Group IT systems, processes and policies as scheduled or as requested.
- Providing a professional, efficient, enthusiastic and knowledgeable service at all times.
- Developing deeper knowledge and specialism in a specific domain, such as networking, application support or infrastructure automation etc.
The post holder must have strong logical analysis and trouble shooting skills and be methodical in their approach, with good attention to detail.
Candidates would ideally be educated to degree level, ideally with a 2:1 or above in a computer science or IT-related subject, but candidates with other equivalent experience will always be considered. Experience in a generalist IT Support or Service Desk role is desirable.
We value our people and will invest heavily in the personal and professional development of the right candidate. Responsibilities for this role will increase with the progression of qualifications and development within the role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and ambitious graduate to be part of a new and growing team and to develop a career with a different kind of bank that’s doing exciting things.
Salary: From £18,500 per annum (dependant on experience) + study package + benefits
An exciting opportunity for a proactive and ambitious individual, this is an interesting and diverse role, offering prospects for personal development and career progression.
You will be encouraged to pursue a course of study, progressing towards gaining a professional treasury qualification. Responsibilities will increase with the progression of qualifications and development within the role. Someone who can demonstrate a keen interest in following a career path in treasury, is therefore preferred.
As Treasury Assistant, the purpose of your role will be to support the group treasury function, ensuring the provision of a high quality service, delivered with professionalism, and achieving company standards at all times.
Reporting directly to the Group Treasurer, your key responsibilities will include:
Assisting the Treasurer in managing the Bank’s liquidity, cash placement and hedging transactions;
- Undertake the front office treasury function, ensuring all transactions are correctly executed and recorded;
- Monitoring treasury exposure limits and enhancement of stress scenarios;
- Producing management information, analysis and reports, prepared and presented accurately, clearly and concisely;
- Input into the production and reconciliation of regulatory returns, ensuring information is accurate and submitted in a timely manner;
- Increase knowledge within markets and maintain relationships with treasury contacts.
The postholder must be highly numerate and methodical in their approach and display good attention to detail. They will have strong analytical and communication skills, and thrive in a complex and changing environment.
A degree of 2.1 or higher is essential, ideally in a mathematical, business or finance-related subject.
Some previous work experience in a financial role may be beneficial, as would a good level of aptitude in using Microsoft Excel.
Customer Service Representative (Savings Division)
Salary: Up to £17,500 per annum (dependant on experience) + benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week on a rota basis
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We are looking for individuals with drive, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering outstanding customer service to join our expanding team as a Customer Service Representative.
The Customer Service Team provides a high quality, personal and knowledgeable service for prospective and existing customers through a wide range of work streams including telephone, online and post.
This role requires strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. We are looking for someone who demonstrates a confident and friendly approach, and can remain patient and calm under pressure. Sound numeracy skills and good attention to detail are essential.
The preferred candidate will have recent experience of working in a similar customer services role, ideally within the financial services sector.
Commercial Lending Assistant
Salary: £15,500 per annum + benefits
Commercial Lending provides funding lines across a spectrum of investment property, commercial mortgages and development, as well as for renewable energy projects.
We are currently looking for motivated individuals to join this busy team, and undertake administrative tasks to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
As directed by the Commercial Support Team Manager, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking administration of new business and existing plans in accordance with company procedures;
- Keeping the departmental systems up to date, scanning documents and recording progress of each piece of work promptly;
- Maintaining the offsite filing records and managing the daily recall and return of files to the offsite location;
- Coordinating the incoming and outbound mail on a daily basis;
- Dealing with routine queries, liaising by telephone and email with customers (or third parties), as required;
- Compiling and distribution of monthly reports an accurate and timely manner.
The successful candidate must be computer literate, organised and able to work under their own initiative. You will have the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure at times. A high level of attention to detail is important. You will also be required to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (including English and Maths), is essential. Experience gained within the financial services industry is beneficial, but not essential.
Assessment day: week commencing 18th September!
Group Projects Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
This is a new role reporting directly to the Group Projects Director. You will lead the design and implementation of our change governance framework and project delivery approach using both Agile and traditional methodologies. You will also be responsible for our business analysis toolkit and ensuring this is applied consistently across all change initiatives.
We are looking for an individual with a demonstrable track record of driving, delivering and controlling change in a small but complex organisation. You will be able to balance the need to get things done with the governance expected from an established and respected financial services institution.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing a change governance framework and establishing our Scrum Agile and Prince methodology.
- Embedding the framework and methodology across our business and ensuring it is applied consistently across all change initiatives through training, coaching, and mentoring our people and teams.
- Working with our business analysis team to define the business analysis approach and ensuring it is applied consistently across all change initiatives.
- Collation, review and evaluation of project reports; liaising with project managers and Scrum Masters to discuss issues arising and their resolution plans.
- Preparing reports for the Board and Change Board, summarising project targets, budgets, resources, benefits and risks – presenting reports as required.
As well as the right technical skills and an eye for detail we need a people-person who can lead, motivate, coach and develop our people to support the delivery of change across the business. You will also be required to deliver selected projects as Project Manager or Scrum Master.
You will hold relevant qualifications (such as Prince, Scrum Agile) and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of delivering complex change, ideally in a regulated environment. While not a requirement, previous experience in financial services would be desirable.
Senior Assurance Officer
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Our Assurance team is part of the Group’s second line of defence. Its key objective is to review the activity undertaken by the first line of defence and ensure controls implemented by management are designed and operating effectively.
Reporting to the Assurance Manager you will carry out governance and risk assurance monitoring and oversight activities across the business, including Information Systems.
This is a technical role, and requires the postholder to analyse issues in a methodical and structured way. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be well organised and display good attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in an internal audit or risk-related role, ideally already studying towards a relevant professional qualification (ideally CISA).
- Knowledge and understanding of different IT platforms.
Familiarity with the Financial Services sector would be desirable.
This is an interesting and diverse role and will suit a motivated and ambitious individual, as an opportunity for personal development and career progression.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to continue with their professional development. Financial support and study leave may be available.