Recruitment & Current Vacancies
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas, owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
Customer Service Representative
Salary: Up to £17,000 – £17,500 per annum + benefits
We are looking for individuals with drive, enthusiasm and the right knowledge to come and join our Savings team as Customer Service Representatives.
The customer service team provides a quality, knowledgeable and informative service for Hodge Bank Savings products to prospective, new and existing customers through a range of media, including postal telephony and online support.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To provide a quality “first point of contact”, dealing with a variety of enquiries in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide an accurate and efficient banking operations function; processing instructions received, checking instructions are compliant to company procedures and product terms and conditions.
- Deliver a reliable service, working to daily deadlines and achieving company standards at all times.
This role requires strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. We are looking for someone who demonstrates a confident and friendly approach, and can remain patient and calm under pressure. Sound numeracy skills and good attention to detail are essential.
The preferred candidate will have recent experience of working in a similar customer services role within the financial services sector.
Financial Risk Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Our Risk team is part of the Group’s second line of defence. Its key objective is monitoring and facilitating the implementation of effective risk management practices within the business providing risk oversight and independent challenge.
Reporting directly to the Head of Risk your primary role will be reviewing and challenging the approach and governance of financial risk undertaken by the first line business function. You will also support the Risk team in promoting, embedding and maintaining the Group’s Risk management framework for financial risk.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing oversight and assurance of the modelling, monitoring and reporting of financial risks as well as supporting the development of policies, procedures and risk appetites in the first line.
- Embedding a methodology for ongoing monitoring reviews, including planning, testing and reporting phases.
- Supporting the oversight, challenge and reporting of key financial risk exposures.
- Overseeing the timely and accurate reporting of risk events ensuring appropriate mitigating actions are developed.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of PRA, EBA & Basel developments around financial risk and communicating them to the business.
Candidates must have knowledge of financial risk methodologies, principles and internal controls preferably within financial services. You will possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as capital, liquidity, interest rate risk management, stress testing, auditing and finance.
The ability to produce and present high-quality focused material for risk committees and to senior management is essential, along with strong communication and effective negotiation skills.
To be successful in this role you will effectively build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business and have the ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively.
This is an exciting and diverse role and will suit a motivated and ambitious individual who is a self-starter looking for the next step in their career.
Candidates will possess a relevant professional qualification and working knowledge of accounting practices along with a solid experience in financial risk management. Knowledge of Basel III is required, and an understanding of Solvency II would be an advantage.
Customer Service Administrator
Salary: Up to £17,500 per annum + benefits
We are looking for individuals with drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to come and join our Hodge Lifetime Customer Service Team.
The Customer Service Team provides a high quality, knowledgeable service for both our new and existing customers and independent financial advisers regarding our Later Life Lending products. The majority of the service is provide through telephony and email channels at present so excellent customer skills are vital for this role.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To provide an effective, efficient service to potential and existing Hodge Lifetime customer, Independent Financial Advisers and third parties regarding our later life lending products and services.
- Manage a varied workload including several administration processes to support the delivery of positive customer outcomes.
- Working to daily service level agreements and complying with all company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements at all times.
As well as excellent customer service skills, the role requires the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. We are looking for someone who demonstrates a confident and friendly approach who can remain calm under pressure.
The preferred candidate will have recent experience of working in a customer service role within the financial services sector.