Recruitment & Current Vacancies
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas, owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) + benefits
Hodge Bank provides a range of financial products and services to corporate and personal customers. To support the growing and changing needs of the business, we are investing in our data capabilities, and are therefore seeking a BI Developer to further enhance the Group’s recently formed Business Intelligence function.
As BI Developer your primary focus will be to develop, maintain and evolve the group data warehouse through implementation of efficient ETL processes, and expert understanding of the group’s data structure and content.
You will also be required to translate business reporting requirements to design, build and deploy data warehouse and reporting solutions that meet internal customers’ needs, while embedding a continuous improvement culture to the development of our data capabilities.
This role plays a crucial part in delivering our Group BI strategy and as such we are looking for candidates with proven experience as a BI/Data Warehouse Developer, preferably with experience of the Microsoft BI Stack and strong familiarity with BI technologies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain and evolve the group data warehouse.
- Implementing ETL processes for the data warehouse.
- Provide expertise in using and developing reporting data structures and outputs.
- Understand the structure and content of the organisations data.
- Translate business reporting requirements into technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy reporting solutions.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Develop and update appropriate technical documentation.
- Develop relationships with internal customers and be confident in working with stakeholders across the company.
- Deliver first class customer service and promote the BI service.
- Provide data analysis expertise and support on an ad-hoc basis.
The preferred candidate will have very strong analytical and investigative skills and be highly proficient in SQL, MS Excel and Power BI (or similar) to enable the ability to effectively support the Group’s BI strategy and roadmap
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Hodge is a specialist privately owned organisation providing lending, savings and retirement solutions in a manner which is fair, friendly and personal and which improves the lives of our customers, colleagues and communities through the work of the Hodge Foundation.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further. Our group projects team is key to achieving our plans by delivering a portfolio of change across our business – including digital, regulatory, operational and financial initiatives.
Assisting the Group Compliance Manager in becoming a business partner across Hodge to enable the business to manage its regulatory risks. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the business to implement business & regulatory change.
- Providing specialist advice and training across the business on key regulatory and legislative issues.
- Training individuals at all levels across the business on significant regulatory and conduct related subject matter, including at induction.
- To provide insightful management information to appropriate committees to allow effective decision making.
- Taking a lead role in the handling of legacy customer complaints and queries, ensuring a fair and timely resolution
This role will suit someone who has familiarity with the regulatory environment (banking or insurance) and has knowledge of the FCA from a previous role.
The preferred candidate will have relevant experience of working within the financial services sector. An appropriate Financial Services qualification (CII, LIBF or equivalent) is desirable.
You will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective business relationships with internal stakeholders.
Software Engineer (Java)
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) + benefits
To support the growth of our digital services, the IT development team is leading the technical delivery of a large scale digital transformation. This includes moving to a more formal Agile working methodology, building cutting edge cloud-based web solutions and new communication tools for real-time financial services delivered through cross platform solutions.
The new digital estate is enforced by the latest cyber security policies and technology tools, as well as the best web services and secure cloud delivery models available. We are therefore looking for individuals with drive, enthusiasm and the right knowledge to come and join our development team
You will be part of the full-stack delivery teams building cloud-based web solutions across multiple business areas and be expected to extend your knowledge in this area.
To be successful you must have strong logical analysis and trouble shooting skills and be methodical in your approach, with good attention to detail. Candidates must be educated to degree level, ideally with a 2:1 or above in a computer science or IT-related subject.
As Java Developer, you will be part of an Agile team involved in the full life-cycle of development for customer facing solutions.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Full technical involvement with on development projects;
- Development of ‘presentation’ layer on system development projects;
- Contributing to the overall design approach of systems and low-level design of individual components;
- Working with other team members to ensure requirement, development and testing meet business needs;
- Ensuring knowledge transfer within the development team and wider IT team.
Candidates must have relevant skills and experience in using a variety of IT tools, particularly core Java skills such as Java8, SpringBoot, Maven and JPA. Experience of developing for Amazon Web Services is also desirable.