Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas, owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
Operations Team Leader
Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience)
Are you passionate about coaching your colleagues?
Do you enjoy helping people to develop in their roles and achieve their career aspirations?
Are you someone who wants to create a brilliant environment for your team to work in when you come into work?
Are you curious and always looking for ways that we can continuously improve as a business?
Are you focused on making life as easy as possible for our customers and brokers?
Then we may have the perfect role for you…we are looking to recruit an experienced Operations Team Leader in either our support or service teams.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will need to be passionate about leading people and allowing them to grow and flourish in their roles, supporting them to achieve their goals and aspirations. You will also need to be able to influence colleagues within operations and across the business to ensure that we are set up to delight our customers and brokers by making their lives easy when they speak to us. Where we’re not easy to do business with, we would expect you to challenge our existing processes and develop solutions to put this right.
What would an average week look like for an Operations Team Leader?
We would expect you to spend the majority of your time coaching, developing and performance managing your team to deliver an effortless experience for our customers. We would also want you to spend around a day a week reviewing the processes and procedures we have in place at Hodge and continuously improving them where they create effort for our customers. We would also encourage you to spend time each week developing yourself as a leader. That could be seeking out best practice, putting yourself outside of your comfort zone in project work, or exploring what great leadership looks like through observing colleagues.
Apply below by Thursday 23rd May. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to an assessment centre in June. Your salary can be discussed based on your experience.
Financial and Regulatory Reporting Actuary
Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience) + benefits
Hodge Lifetime has been a specialist in the retirement marketplace for over 50 years, and our strategy is focused on the equity release and annuity markets.
As part of an ambitious growth-led plan, the company wishes to recruit a qualified actuary to lead our actuarial reporting team. The role will report to the Chief Actuary and will involve many areas of actuarial work but with a particular focus on internal and external reporting.
The successful candidate therefore must have proven actuarial experience in a life company or consultancy and be prepared to build systems and processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Financial reporting, including monthly valuation processes and annual financial statements;
- Business planning and forecasting;
- Regulatory reporting, including QRTs, SFCR and RSR;
- Experience analysis and proposals for key assumptions;
- Maintaining and developing the Prophet models and wider valuation methods;
- Asset-liability management and liquidity management;
- The ORSA process and production of the ORSA report;
- Playing a key role in the Actuarial Committee and the relationship with internal and external auditors.
Candidates should have a proactive, success-driven attitude and be looking to add genuine value to the organisation. You will have strong analytical and communication skills, and be expected to play a lead role in the actuarial function from day one.
Salary – Competitive based on experience
The ALM Manager is responsible for delivering the ALM and IRRBB functions, reporting on both a static and dynamic basis. Stress Testing, IRR and ALM software development will be among a broader spectrum of treasury responsibilities. This role reports into the Group Treasurer although you will be expected to also have interaction with the Group’s second line risk function.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting the bank’s IRRBB including structural, funding, market and liquidity risks
- Manage IRR, basis risk, sensitivity analysis, counterparty credit risk, funding and liquidity risk
- Ensuring risk framework is adhered to, escalating breaches where appropriate
- Prepare MI for Treasury, ALCo, Board and the wider business where appropriate
- Input into ILAAP, Funding Plan, Recovery and Resolution Plan and Treasury Policy
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant professional accountancy / treasury qualification (or working towards)
- ALM experience
- Liquidity risk management
- Stress testing
- Financial services experience
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Thrives on problem solving
- Works collaboratively
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Self motivated
- Good IT skills
Salary: Competitive + benefits
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further. Our group projects team is key to achieving our plans by delivering a portfolio of change across our business – including digital, regulatory, operational and financial initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Lead Business Analyst you will have experience of working in the financial services or similar industry, and the ability to work on large scale programmes and smaller change. The Business Analyst is responsible for both providing analysis activity on assigned projects and overseeing analysis across the group portfolio of change.
As a member of the project team, the Business Analyst will work across all Hodge projects whether Agile, Waterfall or small change, ensuring prioritised business value.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the change programme aligned to strategic objectives, business plans and priorities.
- Ensuring appropriate business analysis techniques are applied in line with the business analysis framework across all projects, both in Agile or Waterfall delivery.
- Elicit, document and refine business requirements to deliver prioritised value and the production of business analysis artefacts.
- Analysis of complex business requirements across the Hodge Bank portfolio of change.
- Constructing as-is and to-be process maps to BPMN standard, elaborating business requirements to provide clarity through a number of modelling techniques.
- Supporting the ongoing development of the BA team, sharing best practice and helping to develop other team members.
As well as the right technical skills and an eye for detail we need a people-person who can lead and motivate our people to support the delivery of change across our business. You will also support the Lead Business Analyst in defining and applying our analysis methodology and ensuring consistent standards are applied to all work.
You will hold relevant qualifications, such as BCS Diploma in Business Analysis and Scrum Agile, with a minimum of 2 years’ business analysis experience – ideally in a regulated environment. While not a requirement, previous experience in financial services would be desirable.